- 2 quarts of firm large strawberries
- 2 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes white chocolate or almond bark
- Wash strawberries and dry well with a paper towel.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with waxed paper.
- In a medium sized, microwave-safe bowl, break up white chocolate into small pieces and melt, on medium power (my microwave i used 60% power) for approximately 4 – 6 minutes, checking and stirring every 2 minutes or so (we don't want the chocolate to burn).
- Remove from microwave and dip strawberries one at a time, holding each berry by the stem/leaves, and dipping right up to the base of the stem/leaves.
- Place on baking sheet/waxed paper and repeat for all strawberries.
- Place sheet in refrigerator til white chocolate sets, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- In another medium sized bowl, melt chocolate chips, using same time frame and power level as above (60%, 4 – 6 minutes).
- Grasp strawberries by stems again, dipping one side into the chocolate, then the other side, so that the brown chocolate makes a "v" shape visible from the front of the strawberry.
- Now, with a toothpick, "paint" on 2 or 3 buttons and a bow tie at the top of the berry (near the stem) with the brown chocolate.
- Cool on the baking sheet/waxed paper, in refrigerator, til chocolate is set.
- Strawberries will last 2 – 3 days in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.