Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 3 dozen truffles
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ lbs real semisweet chocolate
- ¾ cup non-dairy coffee creamer, any flavor
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ pounds real milk chocolate for dipping
- 1 cup finely chopped chocolate, milk or semisweet for decoration
- Melt semisweet chocolate in double boiler over hot water.
- Heat butter, creamer and vanilla in another saucepan to 125°F on a candy thermometer.
- Add to semisweet chocolate all at once, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Chill in refrigerator until nearly set but still pliable.
- Beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread in 9 inch buttered pan until set enough to roll into small balls.
- Melt milk chocolate over double boiler.
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate, then sprinkle generously, or roll in, chopped chocolate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.