This Pennsylvania-style fudge is made, mixed and packed with real cream cheese, grated coconuts, and vanilla, and is great for dessert, as it delivers a glorious, bold aroma that it relishes and enhances with chocolate and the vanilla content while cold to eat. You can make this with honey, yogurt, and fruits in a fudge, while the effort and flavor are worth it.
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 3 ⅓ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of salt, rock or sea only
- 1 x 1 oz. square semi-sweet or unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and cream it until soft and smooth.
- Slowly blend the sugar into it. Add the shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix until well blended.
- Press into a well greased shallow pan. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Spread the chocolate on the fudge and score the chocolate into squares.
- Place in the refrigerator/freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- Cut into squares simply following the scored pattern, then with a kitchen knife. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts.