- Makes about 3½ dozen cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Hershey's cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup Hershey's mini chips semi-sweet chocolate
- additional sugar
- slivered blanched almonds
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg, almond extract and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating to form smooth dough.
- Stir in small chocolate chips.
- If necessary, refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1⅛-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place three slivered almonds on top of each ball; press slightly.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.