- 2 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- Peel bananas and slice them in half both lengthwise and crosswise.
- Melt butter in a chafing dish, electric buffet pan, or skillet over low heat.
- Saute the bananas lightly on both sides, keeping them firm; remove them to a platter.
- Remove pan from heat and add cocoa, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Slowlyadd Sugar, vanilla and ¼ cup rum, stirring constantly.
- Return to low heat, taking care that mixture does not burn.
- Add bananas and roll them gently in the chocolate mixture.
- Remove from theheat, add remaining tablespoon rum, and flame.
- Serve on individual dessert plates with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.