- 1 (18 ounce) cake mix (Browse homemade cake recipes here!)
- 2 -3 eggs (or whatever your package calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or whatever your package calls for)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can frosting, any flavor, store bought
- 7 ounces white chocolate candy melts (or any flavor you like)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Bake cake according to package or recipe and let cool.
- Crumble entire cake in food processor, in batches if necessary, and empty into mixing bowl.
- Mix in 1/2 can of store bought frosting or equal amount of homemade frosting until a dough forms (tends to be easiest by hand).
- Scoop and form into one inch balls, easiest if using a small cookie scooper.
- Melt Candy Melts according to package.
- For each cake pop, first dip the very end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy coating and insert about half way into cake ball).
- Chill uncoated cake pops for at least 1 hour.
- Re-melt Candy Melts, and coat the cake pops one by one, dipping one side and turning to coat completely.
- After coated, stand the cake pop up in the styrofoam block or shirt box and decorate with sprinkles before coating is set.
- For a cute presentation, insert into lollipop treat bags and secure with a twistie tie or ribbon.
You can also decorate with drizzled chocolate or candy melts, in whatever color you choose.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.