- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter
- 1 (8-ounce) bar plain chocolate candy
- 3 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line muffin pans (2 ½ x 1 ¼ - inch) with paper muffin cups.
- Place butter and candy bar in top of double boiler; melt over simmering water.
- In large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add eggs and vanilla; mix just until ingredients are evenly moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pans 10 minutes.
- Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.