- 14 oz bag caramels, remove wrappers
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix with pudding
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt caramels with ⅓ cup milk in the microwave.
- Stir until smooth.
- Combine remaining milk, mix and margarine.
- Mix well.
- Press half of cake mixture into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake 350°F for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup walnuts, chocolate pieces over the crust top.
- With caramel mixture spreading to the edges of the pan.
- Top with teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture.
- Sprinkle with walnuts - press lightly into the top.
- Bake for 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.