- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cola, cherry or regular
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl mix the flaxseed and water. Set aside a few minutes to gel.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together the margarine and sugars until smooth.
- Add the flaxseed mixture and vanilla. Add the cola and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture until a smooth dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips and cherries until they’re evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat, spacing the cookies about 3 inches apart from each other.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until the cookies are very lightly golden around the edges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.