Description[edit | edit source]
Makes 6 servings of ⅔rds cup chocolate mold plus 2 ladyfinger halves.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tbsp gelatin, granulated
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chocolate extract, pure
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup water, cold
- ¼ cup cocoa, dry (25 grams)
- 1½ tsp vanilla, real(no artificial)
- artificial sweetener, enough artificial sweetener to substitute for ⅔ cups sugar.
- 42 grams ladyfingers, 6 small
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Beat egg yolks until light; add cocoa, salt, and milk; beat until smooth.
- Turn into the top of a double boiler.
- Cook over simmering water stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, chocolate extract and artificial sweetener; mix well.
- Add chocolate mixture to gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Chill in refrigerator, stirring occasionally until mixture sets to the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Meanwhile split lady fingers.
- Place halves upright ( flat side in) around outer sides of a 4-cup mold.
- When chocolate mixture is partially thickened, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Fold into chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly.
- Carefully spoon into mold.
- Cover with clear plastic wrap.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours or until set.
- Unmold onto a serving plate as you would any gelatin mixture.
- To serve, cut into six slices.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
- cho 11 gm; pro 7 gm; fat 4 gm; calories 103; sodium 100 mg
- Food exchanges per serving: 1 fruit +1 low-fat meat
- low-sodium diets: omit salt
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.