Shortbread is a comfort food to me, because it was one of the cookies my mom made the most. This recipe adds another comfort food...chocolate! These are incredibly delicious and rich and make a lovely presentation.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and add flour and salt.
- Stir in chips.
- Divide dough in half.
- Press each half into an ungreased 8 inch round pan.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Score each shortbread with sharp knife into 8 even wedges, but do not cut all the way through.
- Leave in pans and cool on racks for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto racks and cool completely.
- Break into wedges.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.