- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2-3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chill unbaked pie crust in freezer for 15 minutes before using.
4. Add the eggs individually, beating well each time.
7. Pour filling into the chilled shell, smoothing it out with a spoon.
8. Bake the pie on the center oven rack for about 50 minutes, turning it 180 degrees halfway through baking time.
9. When done, the top will be dark golden brown, and the filling will be set except for the center, which may slightly jiggle when you tap the pan.
10. Cool pie on a wire rack. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.