- 10 Mission® Fajita-size flour tortillas
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup coconut, shredded
- 1 egg beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- vegetable oil
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Melt the chocolate in a pyrex cup over simmering water or in the microwave (microwave chocolate at 50% power for 2 minutes.
- If not melted, microwave for 1 minute more at 50% power).
- Mix in a bowl with the walnuts and the coconut.
- Place ¼ cup mixture in the center of a tortilla, spreading slightly into a circle.
- Moisten the edges of the tortillas with the egg wash and fold each one over into a half-moon, pressing around the edge.
- Heat 1 inch vegetable oil in an 8-inch skillet and fry each turnover until golden on both sides.
- Remove with a slotted spatula and drain on absorbent paper.
- Put confectioners' sugar in a sieve.
- When the turnovers are cool enough to touch, sprinkle with the sugar.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.