Contributed by Susan Godfrey at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: South Idaho Press, Tuesday, November 21, 2006
- Makes 3½ Dozen Cookies
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 oz (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup Sun-Maid natural raisins
- powdered sugar
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; add to chocolate mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in raisins.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake in upper third of oven for 12 to 15 minutes (do not over bake).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.