- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Hershey's cocoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- whipped topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add corn syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Stir in pecans, walnuts and almonds.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- To prevent overbrowning of crust, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake additional 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed across top.
- Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Garnish with whipped topping and additional nuts, if desired.
- Cover; store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.