Use gluten-free ingredients for someone on a celiac diet.
- Makes 24 squares
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup smooth gluten-free peanut butter
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1½ cups cooked red kidney beans
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup mini gluten-free marshmallows
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Spray 9 inch square cake pan with non-stick vegetable spray, or line pan with waxed paper.
- Melt chips and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth (or microwave at medium about 2½ minutes until mixture can be stirred smooth).
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- In food processor, puree beans and cinnamon.
- Stir into chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Stir in marshmallows and walnuts until coated.
- Cut large marshmallows with wet scissors if minis are not available.
- Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Chill about 45 minutes or until firm.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 6 days before serving.
- Cut into 24 squares.
Nutritional information Edit
1 square = 94 calories, 1 fruit and veg. choice, 1 fats and oils choice
- 5 grams total fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 0 cholesterol, 2 grams protein, 11 grams carbohydrate, 21 mg sodium, 103 mg potassium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.