What could be better than chocolate hearts made of dry meringue and a strawberry mousse center and garnished with a fresh whole strawberry in the center of each heart.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings.
- 1 x 16-oz. container frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- ¼ cup raspberry liquor or water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 container whipped topping
- fresh whole strawberries for garnish
- Heat oven to 200 °F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Trace around 3 inch wide heart shaped cookie cutters on paper to form 8 hearts, invert paper.
- Sift confectioners sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder, reserve.
- Beat 4 egg whites until frothy.
- Reduce speed, beat in ¾ cup sugar until dissolved.
- Increase speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle ⅓ cocoa mixture over meringue, fold in until combined.
- Fold in remaining cocoa mixture.
- Transfer to pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe some meringue onto paper to fill in hearts.
- Pipe meringue rims along heart edges.
- Bake 1 hour, turn off oven, let stand in oven 6 hours or until completely dry.
- In blender, puree strawberries.
- In pot over low heat, combine raspberry liqueur or water, unflavored gelatin, and ¼ cup strawberry puree, heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add gelatin mixture to puree.
- Fold in ⅓ of the container of whipped topping, thawed, until blended,.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Press plastic wrap against surface, refrigerate 6 hours.
- Transfer mousse to pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe each heart with mousse.
- Garnish with fresh whole strawberries.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.