Makes 6 servings.
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) - semisweet chocolate pieces
- 4 tbsp. - creme de cacao
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) - whipping cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) - frozen sliced California strawberries in syrup, thawed
- In small saucepan over high heat bring water and Sugar to boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute.
- Combine chocolate pieces and Sugar mixture in blender of food processor fitted with metal blade;
- Whirl until cool to room temperature.
- In medium bowl beat 3/4 cup of the cream to form stiff peaks.
- With rubber spatula fold chocolate mixture into cream, blending thoroughly.
- Cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- In blender or food processor combine strawberries with the remaining cream and creme de cacao;
- Whirl until smooth. Cover and chill.
- To serve, pour equal amounts of the strawberry sauce into 6 dessert dishes and add scoops of the chocolate mixture.
- Note: Mousse can be prepared a day or two in advance.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.