- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbs orange extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 2 jars 7 oz each marshmallow cream
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup orange zest
- 2 tbs orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 5 ingredients in a bowl until blended, then beat on medium speed for 2 min. # Stir in chips. Pour into 2 round cake pans coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 32 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Invert.
- Beat butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in marshmallow cream.
- When blended, beat in confectioners sugar, vanilla, zest and juice. Beat for 4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Decorate with cut orange slices.
MAKES 16 SERVINGS OF CHOCOLATE ORANGE BLOSSOM CAKE.
Recipe from: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.