Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups confectioner's sugar
- ⅓ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ¾ tsp grated orange rind
- 3 tbs orange juice
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars in a separate bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- On floured surface, roll out half of dough to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Cut with 1¾ inch heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies.
- Roll, cut and bake remaining dough.
- Beat all filling ingredients in bowl until smooth but thick.
- Spread 1 tsp on half of the cookies.
- Sandwich with second cookie.
- Let set 30 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.