- 1 cup margarine, (2 sticks)
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint, flavoring
- ½ cup egg whites at room temperature
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream margarine and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flavorings and egg whites, and mix at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping down bowl before and after adding flavorings and egg whites.
- Stir flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together to blend well; add to creamy mixture.
- Mix at medium speed to blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate from 3 hours to overnight.
- Return dough to room temperature.
- Roll our on a lightly floured board to ¼ thick.
- Cut with a 2½" round cutter or an equivalent cutter.
- Place on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are almost firm.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
Cookies will be soft if kept in an airtight container. If you want them crisp, freeze them or keep them in a container that isn't airtight.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per servings: 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange calories: 115, fat: 5g, cho: 16g, na: 98 mg, pro: 2g, cholesterol: 0