Here's one of my favorite cake recipes.
- Contributed by Joanne at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 servings
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour milk or buttermilk
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream together butter or margarine and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, melted chocolate and vanilla extract until blended.
- Reduce speed; stir in potatoes and mix well.
- Onto wax paper, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to batter alternately with sour milk or buttermilk, blending well after each addition.
- Pour into 3 greased 9-inch cake pans (or one 9-inch tube pan).
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes for 9-inch cake pans; 1 hour for 9-inch tube pan; or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill and frost cake with your favorite frosting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.