- 1 cup Seedless red raspberry preserves, divided (*)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1 Container (16 oz) dairy sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- raspberry cream (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Place 3/4 cup preserves in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or until melted; cool.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and melted preserves; beat on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup preserves at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; brush over warm cake.
- Cool completely.
- At serving time, sprinkle powdered sugar over top.
- Fill cake cavity with raspberry cream.
- Red raspberry jam may be substituted.
- Thaw 1 package (10 oz.) frozen red raspberries in light syrup.
- Puree in food processor or blender.
- Strain over bowl to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- Blend 3-1/2 cups (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed, with raspberry puree.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.