a plain scones mixture is transforemd into a chocolate treat by the simple addition of chocolate chips
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sieved (strained)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup milk (150ml)
- lightly grease a baking tray cookie sheet. place the flour in a mixing bowl. cut the butter into small pieces and rub it into the flour with your gingertips. until the schone miture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- stir in the caster superfine sugar and chocolate chips.
- mix in enough milk to form a soft dough.
- on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to form a rectangle 10*15cm inches, about 2.5 cm ich thick. cut the dough into 9 squares.
- place the scones spaced well apart on the prepared baking try cookie sheet.
- brush with a little milk and bake in a preheated oven 220c/425f/ gas mark 7, for 10-12 minutes until the scones are risen and golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.