Makes: 4 Servings of Chocolate Shells with Vanilla Pearls.
- 1 cup + 6 tbs vanilla ice cream
- 2 pkgs 5 oz each frozen chocolate chocolate chip muffins, thawed or you can use fresh baked ones
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar for dusting
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 4 large strawberries, diced
- Scoop out 4 small vanilla ice cream balls (pearls) and place on a plate.
- Store in freeze until ready to use.
- Cut muffins in half horizontally.
- Press a small indentation on the cut sides of muffin bottoms where the ice cream pearls will rest.
- Microwave 1 cup vanilla ice cream in a 2 cup glass measure, until melted and smooth.
- To Assemble Shells
- Heavily dust muffin tops with confectioners sugar to coat.
- Make lines in the sugar, to resemble a scallop shell.
- Place muffin bottoms on plates, set an ice cream pearl in the hollow.
- Rest the muffin tops against the pearls.
- Spoon melted ice cream sauce around the shell.
- Decorate with star fruit and strawberries.
Recipe from: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.