Waffles...when you think of them you're thinking of Belgium Waffles, the real thing, this recipe tastes so good that you can't stop enjoying ! Enjoy !
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and Sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sour cream, milk, and chocolate syrup.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil with the melted butter. Add the sour cream mixture alternately with the oil and butter mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a lightly greased heated waffle maker. Close lid.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming stops.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top hot waffles with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is best suited for a Belgian type waffle maker. You may use a regular waffle maker, but in that case reduce batter to 1/4 cup per waffle and decrease cooking time to 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes.
Per serving: 485 calories; 8.8 g protein; 32.7 g fat; 41.1 g carbohydrates; 323 mg sodium.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.