- 225 g self-rising flour
- 90 g cocoa
- 30 g cornflour
- 225 g unsalted butter, softened
- 90 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- icing sugar, for, dusting
- 115 g chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Into a bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and cornflour.
- In another large bowl beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- With the beater on low speed gradually add in the flour mixture and vanilla extract until it becomes a soft dough.
- Shape into 'bar' shapes about 10 cm long by 5 cm wide.
- Bake about 15–20 minutes, rotating baking sheets at half-time.
- Keep an eye on them as they should only be slightly firm and all ovens are different.
- Cool on wire cooling rack until cool and firm.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place back onto greaseproof paper and allow chocolate to set.
- Store in container with waxed paper between layers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.