The low cost of liver in the U.S. comes as a surprise to Israelis, where chopped Chicken livers are considered a delicacy to be served on festive occasions. Serves 6 as an appetizer or 12 as a spread.
- 1 lb. Chicken livers
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbs. oil
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Wash livers and remove discolored spots. Drain.
- Brown onions in a frying pan.
- Remove onions and saute livers in the remaining oil for 10 minutes.
- Grind or chop onions, livers and eggs, into smooth mixture.
- Add salt, pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Serve cold with crackers as a spread or on lettuce as an appetizer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.