Soup with capellini and vegetables
- 1 large onion
- 4 whole cloves
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cubed
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup capellini, broken
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon wedged
- Stud onions with cloves.
- In soup pot, combine broth, squash, celery, tomatoes, cilantro and turmeric. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the vegetable are tender about 30 minutes.
- Discard onion and cloves.
- In a blender, puree the soup. Return soup to pot and add pasta. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Thin with milk and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.