This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 2 lbs chourico
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced thin)
- 1 onion (sliced thin)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8 oz cans)
- equal amount of burgundy (use inexpensive wine)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper (hot pepper flakes optional)
- In slow cooker skin chourico and crumble into small chunks.
- Add all ingredients cook covered for 4 hrs. on high.
- Remove cover, and let liquid reduce for 1 more hour.
- Great plated with French fries or served as sandwich in rolls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.