Description[edit | edit source]
Nice for using the candied fruits that didn't make it into the fruit cake.
- Yield: 3 dozen
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed the cream cheese gives these cookies a smooth texture, while the fruits sparkle and sweeten the flavor)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups candied fruit, mixed
- 2 cups broken pecans or almonds
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Add sugars and eggs, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to egg and sugar mixture; add vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add candied fruit and nuts.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- The cookies will be just browned at the edges.
Hint[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.