- 1 lbs frozen bread dough
- ½ cup mixed candied fruits
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup mincemeat
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tsp milk
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- Thaw frozen bread dough according to package directions.
- On a lightly flowered board pull dough out until it is 12 inches long.
- Knead in the fruit, mincemeat and the nuts into the dough.
- With a sharp knife cut dough into 3 ropes, 12 inches long.
- Press the 3 ropes together on one end and braid on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise in a warm (90) degree place until double in bulk, about 1½ hours.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool. Combine the sugar, milk and cardamom, spread this glaze over bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.