- Contributed by Miles Kimball
- 3 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 4 tbsp shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp grated lemon rind
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Your most blasé guests' taste buds will tingle
- when they sample your Christmas Cookie Kringle
- Through a strainer the hard-boiled eggs you force,
- using the back of a spoon, of course,
- then combine with the raw egg yolk
- that's how it's done by the German folk.
- Work in the sugar, the butter, the shortening and when it's combined,
- add the flour, cinnamon, vanilla and all of the rind
- now into a ball you roll the dough,
- and chill it and roll it to and fro.
- When it's ⅛ inch thick you cut it out neat,
- use a doughnut cutter and a cookie sheet
- now paint each cookie with unbeaten egg white
- and sprinkle with pistachios to add to the delight.
- At 350°F, 8 – 10 minutes you bake.
- And you'll be proud of the kringle you make.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.