- 12 oz painted pinto beans (prepared according to package instructions)
- ¾ cup rice of your choice (prepared according to package instructions)
- 2 cups salsa (your choice of fire)
- 2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 1 pkg sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sauté scallions and tomatoes in oil.
- Mix beans and rice with salsa and add sautéed vegetables in a casserole dish.
- Heat (oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or microwave on High for 5 minutes - until heated through), sprinkle with chopped parsley (or whatever green herb you wish).
- Serve hot with yogourt on the side.
- This contains complete protein, is vegetarian, high fibre, low fat and accompanies the season well.
- For even lower fat, sauté veggies in a pan coated with vegetable spray.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.