- Source: Recipes Wiki—original recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- 10 eggs, separated
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 cups milk, scalded
- ½ pint whipping cream, whipped
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup rum, light
- 1 dash vanilla, (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg, ground
- Beat egg yolks.
- Combine yolks and Sugar in the top of a double boiler; gradually add milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat; chill well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold egg whites and whipped cream into custard.
- Stir in the brandy and rum.
- Chill several hours.
- Add vanilla, if desired, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.