- Yield: about 8 servings.
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 can beets, sliced, drained
- ½ jícama, peel, sliced 
- 1 can pineapple chunks, in juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 lime, wedged
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds 
- 1 tbsp anise seed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Drain and reserve liquid from beets and pineapple.
- Peel oranges and separate into sections.
- Place in bowl along with bananas, beets, pineapple and jícama.
- Mix reserved juices, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt; pour over fruit.
- Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- Arrange fruit on shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with lime wedges, peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Mix anise seed and 1 tablespoon sugar; sprinkle over salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.