- Makes 16 servings
- 3¼ cups white wine
- 3¼ cups red wine
- 1¼ cups sweet red vermouth
- 1 tbsp Angostura bitters
- 6 orange peel
- 8 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 cardamon pods, crushed
- 1 tbsp dark raisins
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 lemon, orange and apple sliced
- Pour white wine and red wine into a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Add vermouth, bitters, orange peel, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon pods.
- Heat wine mixture gently until very hot but do not boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat, cover with a lid and cool.
- Strain wine into a bowl.
- Just before serving, return wine to a clean saucepan.
- Add raisins and sugar.
- Heat gently until sugar is dissolved and wine is hot enough to drink.
- Add fruit slices and serve in heatproof mugs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.