- Yield: about 20 balls.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup hazelnuts, or pecans
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the confectioner's sugar.
- Use a large wooden spoon or your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes - a very important step.
- Form dough into 1¼-inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Do not overcook.
- Let stand 1 minute in pan then remove to wire rack.
- Cool until barely warm.
- Roll in sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Cool completely, then just before serving, roll again in the confectioners' sugar.
- Do not make them too large or they will not cook properly
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.