- 1 qt. canned apple juice
- 5½ cups sugar
- 5 drops of red food coloring
- 1 pkg powdered pectin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- red food coloring
- Combine juice, sugar and spices in large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add food coloring and pectin; bring to a rolling boil for ½ minute.
- Use enough food coloring to make the jelly deep red.
- Remove from heat; skim.
- Pour into hot sterilized decorative jars; seal with paraffin.
- Label with a Christmas seal and store in a dark, cool place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.