- ¾ cup shortening
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- any flavor jam or jelly
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add.
- Add vanilla, and drop by teaspoons- full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- With your finger or a spoon, make an indentation in the center of the cookie ball and fill with jam or jelly.
- Sprinkle coconut over all and bake at 375°F for 10 – 12 min.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.