- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1/4 cup Chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 6 each prunes dried, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp dates chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup apricots, dried, pitted & cut into strips ¼"x1"
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 cup Cold water
- Soak, dates, currants, & prunes in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes.
- Then remove them, pat dry, and mix with the other dried fruits.
- Mel the butter in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add the fruit mixture and the almonds.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir for 4 minutes, stir in the honey, rice, and water.
- Raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.