- 4 litter milk
- 1 kg Sugar
- 10 g alum(phutkari)
- 1/2 tsp. saffron
- 10 almonds
- 10 pistachio nuts
- few drops of kewra essence
- Heat the milk in a deep pan over high flame to boiling point. Add the alum powder to curdle.
- Remove it from the flame quickly otherwise the Cheese will become hard.
- Pour it into the muslin bag or a thin cloth & allow to drain water.
- Press the bag & leave to drain for several hours.
- Add saffron powder in the paneer. Mix it well & make small triangular chum chum.
- Boil Sugar in 2 1/2 cups of water to prepare solution (aik tar ka sheera).
- Carefully drop in the chum chum
- Cook for half an hour over low flame.
- Put the chum chum in a plate and make cream circles in their center.
- Garnish with sliced pistachio nuts and kewra essence.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.