- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts (more if desired -- up to double this amount)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup whole millet or whole buckwheat groats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (or more) or part cornmeal
- rice flour or other whole grain flour
- 1 tsp salt (or more, as desired)
- ½ cup honey (or more -- up to double this amount )
- 1 cup hot water, or up to 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl or pot, combine oats, nuts, seeds, millet, flour, and salt.
- Mix together honey, water, and vanilla, and stir into dry ingredients.
- Spread on a lightly oiled baking sheet and squeeze mixture together to form small chunks, but don"t crowd; the chunks need to bake clear through.
- Roast until golden brown, about 10 to 20 minutes (with the larger amount of water, reduce heat and bake longer).
- As it bakes the granola may need stirring to brown evenly.
- Cool thoroughly before storing.
For a nice change, substitute maple syrup for honey.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.