- 1 medium-sized bunch kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium-sized unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ cups dry vermouth
- 1 x 6 oz pkg. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized head cauliflower, cut into about 2-inch florets
- 1 x 14½ oz can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ¼ tsp lemon pepper
- Strip kale leaves from stalks, and rinse thoroughly in colander; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or saucepan for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions and peppers, sauté for 2 minutes and add potatoes.
- Cook for 4 minutes, and add vermouth, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- Cook for 2 minutes, add kale and mix thoroughly.
- Cook mixture for 5 minutes, and reduce heat to low.
- Chop stewed tomatoes coarsely in food processor, and add tomatoes, thyme and yeast to kale mixture.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, and stir in with tamari and lemon pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.