I obtained this recipe from my pastor's wife in 1981.
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 2 cups milk at room temperature
- 1 loaf raisin bread, crumbled
- 1-1/4 pound grated white chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Remove the crust from the bread and soak it in the heated milk and cream.
- Beat the mixture by hand or in a mixer until the pieces of bread are reduced to the size you want.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler and incorporate that into the bread mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs and Sugar until creamy.
- Add that to the bread mixture and stir until uniform.
- Transfer the batter to a buttered pan and place that pan in a larger pan of hot water in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is set.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.