- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a heavy deep skillet or deep-fryer, heat oil to 360 degrees f (180 degrees c).
- In a medium saucepan, heat water and margarine to a rolling boil.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Squeeze out 4 inch long strips of dough directly into the hot oil.
- Fry 3 or 4 strips at once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from hot oil to drain on paper towels.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon; roll churros in the mixture while still hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.