- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable spread or butter
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1¼ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lb medium shrimp (peeled)
- 1 cup white short grain rice
- 2 cups water
- In a 2-qt saucepan, bring 2 cups of water and ¼ tsp salt to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of rice.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the waster is absorbed.
- Pour contents into serving dish.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, vegetable spread, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika.
- Set stove at low heat place mixture in a 10" pan and heat till warm.
- Add shrimps and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add green onion, and cilantro; mix and cover for 3 minutes.
- Serve on top of rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.