This cinnamon-based fruit dessert is immediately similar to the banana fritters. Chopped cashews sometimes replace the pigeon peas and works for this for garnishing, too.
- 4 small bananas
- 1 teaspoon flour
- ½ teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil or (2 oz. butter)
- pigeon peas, optional
- Peel and cut the bananas in halves.
- Dry with flour and cinnamon mixed together.
- Coat with the beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a baking pan, and when faintly smoking, put in the bananas. Baste well.
- Bake in a moderate oven 20 minutes or until brown and soft. Serve warm and plain then garnish with the pigeon peas, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.