- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Combine the water, honey, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the dough becomes to stiff to mix, turn it out onto a floured board and knead for 5 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Put it in a very lightly oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Beat in all the remaining ingredients except the raisins.
- Remove the risen dough from the bowl and knead about ten times on a clean board.
- Roll out into a large rectangle about 15" x 14".
- Spread with filling to ½" of the edge.
- Sprinkle raisins evenly over the filling.
- Roll the rectangle into a log, starting at the 15-in side, pinch the edges to seal, and slice into 1" thick rounds.
- Place on a nonstick baking sheet, cover, and allow to rise for about 20 minutes, or until light.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.