If you're new to the world of home-made scones, then this is the perfect recipe for you to start with. It's simple and basic, but tastes great with just a hint of cinnamon. Goes with any spread.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Mix milk, egg and vanilla in another mixing bowl.
- Add to the flour mixture, and stir until just moist.
- Shape dough into an 8-inch round loaf.
- Cut into 8 wedges and separate slightly.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
Makes 8 scones
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.